Skip to main content

Featured

Welcome!

Hello there! Thanks for stopping by my shop. I'm Sarah, a young lady who loves the Lord and loves making quilts! I've been sewing for as long as I can remember- probably since I was 7 or 8 years old. I think back to some of my earlier creations and laugh! :) About eight years ago I made my first quilt, tracing my own pattern from a quilt on my parents' bed. I was so intrigued with their quilt and I would sit and stare at it, loving how all the pieces fitted together perfectly to form the different blocks that made up the quilt. Then one day I decided to trace the pieces on their quilt and make my own. So, I made my first quilt and I haven't stopped since! :) It just pushes my happy button SOO much to work with fabric and turn it into a lovely quilt. Throughout the years it has always been a dream of mine to start my own quilting business. In 2019 I made some baby quilts for my newborn niece and my cousin's baby, and I got the idea to start making and selling baby qu

My Personal History Quilt

Several years ago, I made a personal history quilt. To explain, every quilt block has a name (Eyes of Blue, Dutchman's Puzzle, Sister's Choice, etc...), and to make a personal history quilt you choose the blocks that talk about you- your personality, favorite things, family, past. It is really a neat thing!! And it is not just the block names that make it personal; a lot of the fabric I used was from quilts I've made, old dresses and skirts that Mom made me and my sisters, and just fabric scraps I've always loved! So, I thought it would be fun to show y'all my personal history quilt, and let you know a little more about me through some of the names of the blocks in my quilt! 
This was also my first quilt to do free-motion quilting on! I had a lot of fun learning and practicing those skills, and I even stitched what year I made it on one of the blocks. That is something that's special to me about this quilt!


The Quilt Blocks:
Kitty's Corner
I love cats!!
March Winds
I was born on March 18th
Bookworm
I love to read :D
Country Life
I've lived in the country most of my life, and I love it so much!
Stitcher's Square
I LOVE to sew! Oh, wait...did everyone know that already?? ;)
American Beauty
So thankful for the nation God put me in!
Winter Days
One of my favorite seasons is... winter!! I know, I know, NOBODY likes winter. But how can you not love the warm sweaters, hot chocolate and apple cider, fireplaces, snow, Christmas... ?? Though, to be honest, fall is fast competing for first place with me. :D It is an amazing season as well!
Eyes of Blue
This one doesn't really need an explanation, now does it?
Emerald Isle
Our family has Irish ancestry 
Crown and Covenant
I have been bought by the blood of Jesus; I am first and foremost a Christian!
Sister's Choice
I have six brothers and sisters and one sister-in-love. I love them so much and they are my best friends! 
Kansas City
My family used to live in Kansas and the Lord blessed us so much in those years! I will always look on Kansas with much love.
The Royal Mile
We also have Scottish ancestry! 
Dutchman's Puzzle
No, I am not Dutch... BUT I do love doing puzzles, so I just had to use that one. :)
Monday's Child
I was born on a Monday

I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it! ;) Let me know in the comments which block is your favorite!!

-Sarah  



 

Comments

  1. I just found your blog through the TFK magazine! What a neat idea of a personal history quilt! I had never heard of that, but then I'm not a quilter (though I love genuine patchwork quilts) I really like the royal isle square, It's probably my favorite. I also like American beauty and sister's choice. We have Scottish ancestry too.

    -Colleen Waltman

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment